Southern Malawi Ministry Centre: NEW August 2020 - Overview of Iris Malawi 17 years on....
KNOW CHRIST - CHANGE LIVES
Extending God’s Kingdom by feeding the poor, caring for the widow, and being a father to the fatherless.
Iris Malawi is part of the Iris Ministries Canada family, committed to living out a tangible response to those commandments that Jesus called the greatest: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength,” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
It is our conviction that the Spirit of God has asked us to make this love concrete in the world, incarnate in our thoughts, our bodies, our lives, and our every action. Iris exists to participate in bringing the Kingdom of God to earth in all its aspects, but most especially through our calling to serve the very poor: the destitute, the lost, the broken and the forgotten.
Iris Malawi Programs:
- Bible School & Church Ministries: Pastor Training, Church Planting (400+), Evangelism & Discipleship
- Children’s Centre: Residential Homes for children on base (90+ children) and Children of Hope (Program caring for extremely poor orphans and vulnerable children in the villages)
- Education: Iris Africa Primary School, Secondary School & Tertiary Sponsorships
- Development Programs: Agricultural Production & Leadership Training
- Emergency Disaster Relief & Food Distribution Program
- Children’s Clubs and Prison Ministry
- Skills Training Centre: Building a sustainable future by equipping people with technical skills
Iris Malawi is known as the ‘Warm Heart of Africa.’ With a population of 21 million, almost 46% are 14 years or younger. Malawi ranks among the world’s most densely populated and least developed countries with a GDP per capita of $1200 (2017 est.).
Iris Malawi is in a town called Bangula in the most southerly district of Nsanje. Bangula is a two-hour drive south on the M1 highway from the commercial city of Blantyre. Southern Malawi experiences regular crop failure due to extremely high temperatures, sporadic rains, and at times seasonal flooding due to rain run-off from higher elevations. Food security is a constant issue among the people of the Nsanje District. Most people are subsistence farmers and live off a dollar a day. Malaria is prevalent year-round. The language spoken is Chichewa. Find us on Google Earth – click here IRIS MALAWI
Iris Malawi, P.O. Box 132, Chiromo (at Bangula), Nsanje District, Malawi
Certificate of Incorporation, Malawi R.G. 17665/1/M/1.2003, Council for Non-Government Organizations in Malawi Membership C459/2009, NGO Board of Malawi Membership NGO/R/13/251
Iris Malawi is a project supported by Iris Ministries Canada, a registered Christian Canadian charity
(business number: 82758 4996 RR0001)